We are looking for nominations for the following positions on the Kildare PPN Secretariat.
Clane-Maynooth MD Seat
Kildare-Newbridge MD Seat
Naas MD Seat
What is the Kildare PPN Secretariat?
Kildare Public Participation Network is overseen by a Secretariat of 11 members, ratified by full member organisations at a Plenary meeting. Two members will be elected from each of the three Electoral Pillars and the remaining five members, one each from the five Municipal Districts.
The Kildare PPN Secretariat is the body that oversee the operations of the PPN.
The purpose of the Secretariat is to:
- To ensure the aims and objectives of the Kildare Public Participation Network are
- To ensure that member groups are informed of developments relevant to their
- To represent member group’
- To ensure the proper functioning of the PPN between Plenary
- To facilitate the implementation of the decisions of the
- To support the Resource Worker to achieve the PPN’s objectives through the implementation of the Annual
- To develop Kildare Public Participation Network into an effective collective voice for community groups in Kildare.
- To engage with and support the PPN Representatives.
- To operate as defined under Section 46 of the Local Government Reform Act 2014.
- To abide by the KildarePPN Code of Conduct.
- The Secretariat may establish working-groups, subcommittees or task-groups if necessary.
What is the purpose of a Representative on the Secretariat?
- To represent your Pillar/MD on the Secretariat
What is the commitment for the position?
- 1 Secretariat Meeting each month (Meetings are currently taking place online via Zoom)
- Attend and represent Kildare PPN at events
What skills are needed for the position?
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working with local communities.
What is the length of term?
The length of term for a Secretariat member is up to 6 years.
Schedule of Meetings
Secretariat meetings are currently taking place online via Zoom on the third Monday of each month at 7:00pm.
Guidelines for Nominations
- Nominating groups must be registered with Kildare Public Participation Network
- Groups must have full membership and be a member of the respective seat e.g. nominations for the Kildare-Newbridge MD seat much be a member of a PPN group from the Kildare-Newbridge MD.
- Nominations can only be made with the candidate’s knowledge and approval.
- Each Group can nominate one candidate only. If groups nominate more than one candidate, the first nomination received will be accepted.
- Elections will take place through online voting.
- Nominees must have no political affiliations.
- Please attach a short candidate profile in the first instance (approximately 150 words) along with your online nomination form.
- Nomination Forms must be received by Kildare PPN on or before May 4th 2021
Closing date for nominations is May 4th 2021
If you have any questions, or require further information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com